So there’s this boy…he kind of stole my heart…he calls me “Mom”

Monday, May 3, 2010

Brecken is Two Years Old!!

This quotes fits perfectly how a 2 year old and parents are: It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself....
I remember a year ago I started on Brecken’s one year old picture book thinking I had so much time to complete it, while now he is two and I haven’t looked at it in almost a year. Time goes too fast when you are having fun. Brecken is into Dora right now and everything is Dora, Dora, Dora. We are in the process of moving, so I spend a lot of time packing our house. Brecken now says his colors and numbers when you count. We are going to miss Tinkertown daycare so much (especially Krystal and Darla). Brecken has learned so much from them! When we told them he was leaving the center everyone said they were sad and they were going to miss him lots. What a great thing to hear as a parent. We found a center in Ramsey called The Learning Lodge and eventually we will find a center where ever we move. Moving is a tough process, but a lot more comes into play when you have a child.

This past year our little boy has gone from taking his first few steps to running and hitting a ball. He can throw a ball, talk (his new sentence is “I don’t like it”), color, sing, dance, ride his bike, he is now much gentler with Calla, he reads, points, asks for things, slide down slides at the park, copies words and actions, plays hide and seek, sleeps in a big boy bed, tell us when he poops, plays alone with toys, and the best tells us “I Love You!” I cannot wait to see what next year holds.